Tuesday 18 July 2017

Nature's Variations

This is an interesting time of year if you're a fan of Mother Nature's colour variations. Everyone thinks of Autumn as the time when leaves change colour, but in truth there are colour variations in plants, shrubs and trees throughout the year.

Just a few days ago these leaves were all green, not any more though.


And look at this teasel. A few days ago the head was green and in a few more days it will be covered in tiny flowers and look purple, but right now it's variegated.


Then there are the apples growing on my tree at home.


I wouldn't even like to try and guess how many hints of colour there are in the fruits, but as they grow and ripen they will transform from small, hard green lumps to delicious, sweet red-skinned orbs that won't last long in my fruit bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.