Sunday 18 June 2017

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day here in the UK, so I expect to be treated to all kinds of nice tidbits and waited on hand, foot and finger... yeah right! 😆

It's not going to happen because my one and only daughter is miles away at university doing the education thing and can't be here. At my age I'm way past the days of disappointment, it suffices me to know she spares me a thought now and again. 😉

Were I the parent of small children, or grandparent to small children come to that, I might well spend some part of today rescuing this little beauty from life in a skip and putting it back into commission.

Dumped Kiddie Car
Kiddie cars never looked like this when I was an ankle-biter, no indeed children's pedal cars were far more boxy and a lot less flash looking. With a little tender loving care I'll bet this sporty little number would soon be haring along the pavement with some giggling brat behind the wheel attracting the attention of her/his peer group, leaving them swooning in the kicked-up dust. 😆

So anyway, to all the other Dads out there:

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.