Wednesday 13 July 2016

Salzburg re-visited

Before I returned to the UK from my recent trip to Bavaria I spent my last morning re-visiting Salzburg with my good friend +Silvia Antlady. Fortunately the weather was much kinder so I got the chance to experience the city in both wet and dry conditions and what a difference the sunshine made!

Looking down over Altstadt Salzburg
We took advantage of the fine weather and took the Mönchsberg Lift to the Museum of Modern Art, then walked along the ridge toward Fortress Hohensalzburg. The views over the Salzburger Altstadt are nothing short of stunning and I was interested to trace the route we had taken through the old city on our previous visit.

There are several fortified premises between the Museum of Modern Art and Fortress Hohensalzburg, of which this is one:


The footpath we followed also took us around some of the old city's fortified wall.

Part of the Old City Wall
It's difficult to say how effective the city wall would have been as a defencive unit, but it's still an impressive structure.

Fortress Hohensalzburg viewed from the city wall 
I have no idea what the property prices would be here, but without doubt Mönchsberg would be a wonderful location in which to live.


As well as the wonderful views down over the city residents also enjoy the imposing presence of Fortress Hohensalzburg and the surrounding mountains.

Fortress Hohensalzburg
And I'll leave you on this occasion with one final view of  Fortress Hohensalzburg from the access road that serves the locals:

Fortress Hohensalzburg
I could most definitely live here, couldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.