Sunday 10 July 2016

More from the Almbachklamm

As you progress up the Almbachklamm the valley sides become steeper and the bottom narrower.


The footpath frequently leaves the path of the watercourse and is cut into the rock offering wonderful views both up and down the Almbachklamm.


Bridges cross back and forth over the water and the walker finds himself continually moving from light to shade with frequent dowsings from water dripping off the overhanging valley sides.


The morning I visited the Almbachklamm I was impressed by the feeling of solitude that surrounded the valley, the only noise coming from the gurgling and rushing of the water and the chatter of the local birdlife.



It was interesting for me to note the number of trout visible in the quieter pools as well as the dippers fishing for water nymphs and small fry, indicating just how clean the water is.


I could continue to wax lyrical about the beauty of this wonderful place, but I think I'll just sit back and let my photographs speak for themselves.



















As I've already said, if you happen to visit Upper Bavaria and Berchtesgadener Land you really must make time to walk the length of the Almbachklamm. Even at a slow pace and taking time to photograph the valley three hours is sufficient time for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.