Monday 11 July 2016

Flora (and Fauna) in the Almbachklamm

I simply couldn't leave my short series of blog posts featuring the magnificent Almbachklamm without posting at least a few images of the flora to be found in the gorge. Let's start with these:

Lily of the Valley
Lily of the Valley
Yeah I know, but I thought it was kind of apt to begin the gorge's flora with Lily of the Valley.


If you're a regular reader of this blog you'll already know I'm not much good at identifying plants, I just like to look at them. I'll caption those plants I know, but would be very appreciative of any help to identify the ones I don't.


Cornflower
These are a type of Cornflower I think...

Cornflower 
Cornflower
Ferns have always interested me and I'm pretty sure this next one is a Brittle Bladder Fern.

Brittle Bladder Fern
Wild Strawberry
Love wild strawberries, they are so good to eat. Ahem... don't pick them all!


These are known to me as Granny's Bonnet - their real name is Aquilega. I don't remember seeing them in such a deep purple before.

Aquilega
And I'll finish off with these...


No idea what this caterpillar will turn into, but he's kind of cute.


Talking of cute, how about this little chap?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.