Thursday 16 June 2016

Alpine flowers on Mt. Jenner

Exploring the summit of the Jenner I was both surprised and delighted by the abundance of wild flowers. I had expected to see some of course, but I was definitely not prepared for the diversity of varieties growing there. Some of the species I recognised and could identify, most I could not. Among those I recognised were some tiny alpine strawberries, but even so late in the season (early June) these plants were just in bud and it made me wonder whether they would fruit at all. Anyway, since most of these plants are unknown to me I just thought I'd share their images with you. If you can identify them all to the good, if not at least you'll be able to enjoy their beauty.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.