Sunday 7 February 2016

Walking through the 'Rain Window'

It stopped raining this morning, the clouds parted and for a brief period the sun shone so I donned my boots and hit the roads for a six mile pre-lunch walk. Sadly the sunshine didn't last too long and there were a couple of showers, but for most of my walk it remained dry.

I considered branching out and crossing the fields though the deep mud and amount of water laying on the grass convinced me to stick to the tarmac. Even the roads were pretty wet in places and I ended up having a paddle on a couple of occasions. The worst flood I had to negotiate was through the hamlet of St. Brides on my route back toward Magor.

Flood Water at St Brides
No problem getting through this, especially if you happen to be driving a 4 x 4 or a truck. You need to be a little careful walking though if you don't want the water overflowing into your boots.

Bubbling Water
We've had so much rain the drains and sewers simply can't cope with the extra water flow... some of the excess water bubbles up through the manholes adding to the rainfall already laying on the roads.

Leaky Manholes
I wonder if the ducks approve of the extra thoroughfares? None around to ask today.

This is a Road not a Canal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.